Saturday 4 August 2012

And so we are done......

Summer camp 2012 has drawn to a close and what a wonderful occasion it has been. The boys may be wet, tired and dirty, but I hope they have had a good time - I think they have.

For my part, there is some clearing up to do but it has been an exceptional camp. The HQ (our leaders) have been both wonderful role models and exceptional colleagues. I have enjoyed the humour and banter enormously - many, many thanks.

Pete, Tim and Tom (my extraordinary deputy leaders) I can't thank you enough. Nick Bano (sorry - I know I promised not to mention your name) also deserves our huge thanks for his enormous efforts.

Catriona, as always, the camp wouldn't happen without you and thanks for consistently putting up with me.

Finally, the Scouts have been such a great pleasure and such a wonderful bunch of young men. There was the odd niggle here and there but nothing to write home about. I would like to thank them all for their huge effort and superb good humour.

As I sit with a very nice glass of red wine watching Jessica Ennis and Co achieving Olympic gold (Oh so wonderful) I cannot help but think that so many of our own young men have achieved so much in their own way over the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for your support for the Ninth.

And, as I say to the boys every night - good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.